- Name: Ryan RODNEY Reynolds
- Age: 32
- Sign: Libra
- Occupation: Actor (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Proposal, Van Wilder, etc.)
Is Ryan Reynolds (literally) carrying over baggage from his relationship with Alanis Morissette into his marriage with Scarlett Johansson? This is totally man purse related, so I will unflinchingly proceed with this gossipy investigation.
Take a look at these backpack straps from when he was engaged to Alanis.
Now check out this photo of Ryan and Scarlett post-wedding.
It's the same BAG! Oh, Ryan, it's time to get a new bag. As much as I adore Alanis, it's simply not healthy to drag along the past--plus, updating your accessories is FUN!
Well, after doing a bit more internet research it appears he does have a new one, and It seems to suit not only his boho-indie facial hair...
Okay, so now we've established that Mr. Reynolds has moved on from his weathered & hempy backpack to a newer, supple leather messenger, ( ouch, I did not intend for that to be a metaphor for his relationships...) the case is closed. Let's move on to the contents!
Here's what I think:
- Protein Powder, a couple of raw eggs, and a dash of creatine - He's got muscles. Those muscles demand to be fed!
- Katana - It's the ultimate accessory. What else can make you look more badass than a katana? Though if I carried a katana I might look frightened and maybe a bit bloody (I'm a klutz.)
- Flavors Of Entanglement by Alanis Morisette. It's pretty much all about him. According to some of her lyrics, he liked to overanalyze her (to her distress,) so I wouldn't be too surprised if he's scoped out a few of her songs. I wondered if he would be carrying his wife's 2008 CD, Anywhere I Lay My Head, but I took a listen and am not sure if anyone would be caught with that CD in their bag. Sorry Scarlett, I really like you in Ghost World & Match Point , but am just not digging the singing.
- A pizza place - For those of you who don't know, this is a reference to his 90's sitcom, "Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place" which eventually got shortened to "Two Guys and a Girl". What happened to the pizza place?! I stopped watching the show by the time the name changed, so for all I know it's in his man purse.
Okay, that fourth one was pretty random. Sorry about that. But I'm sure you can do better! Leave a comment with what you think might be the fourth item in his man purse. Don't leave more than 4, and TRY to keep it PG-13. Oh, and make sure you put in your email address (it won't be published, and I won't spam you) so I can get your address. The deadline for this contest is Monday, June 22nd at midnight.
I'll choose a new winner next week, and I'll send them their very own What's In Your Man Purse mini pin!
Don't have any good ideas? Head straight to the merchandise page and buy your own pin (or t-shirt,) or watch this trailer from Reynolds' first film, Ordinary Magic (I totally saw this when I was a kid,) and find some inspiration.